A while ago, I made this bag (promptly claimed by Sus). The project is from "Everyday Handmade: 22 Practical Projects for the Modern Sewist", and it's right on the cover.
I added a top strap closure with an extra covered button. I had a blast making the covered buttons. Unfortunately, many (most) of them fell off fairly quickly. I don't even think Sus was too rough with the bag. It's just the brand of button kit I used had pretty weak shanks. Once the shank pulled free, that was it. Any of the buttons that weren't lost on the street, we re-purposed into magnets.
The verdict: cute pattern, bad buttons.