Monday, March 7, 2011

Sunday afternoon with my daughter

The weather here was just vile yesterday afternoon. After helping our neighbors with their flooded garage, and a calorific lunch at the Wayside, we ditched any notion of venturing further and hunkered down at home. Susannah made a very cool throw pillow cover with some fabrics she bought a while ago. Those cute Michael Miller deer! I wanted to keep the project super simple, but she INSISTED on the pieced front. The back is a simple envelope closure. I love how it turned out - so mod. Anyone out there sewing with kids: opinions on using rotary cutters? My daughter is 10, and I'm pretty hesitant about putting a rotary cutter into her hands. Input would be appreciated. Anyway, this topped off a relaxed weekend, but one with THREE finishes: my linen cargo skirt, a quilted throw pillow cover for my mom, and Sus's project. I'll add more pictures as I get them. I'm just terrible at photographing projects before I send them off into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment