Saturday, January 15, 2011

Easy laptop cases

In my desperate run of pre-Christmas sewing, I needed an easy project that a guy would like.  I found this free tutorial by Elizabeth on her blog Oh, Fransson!  If you're new-ish to sewing, check out her patterns, both free and for sale.  Lots and LOTS of photographs of each step, and instructions that simply could not be clearer.  She has a new book out, too, "The Practical Guide to Patchwork" that's high on my wish list.  I don't know Elizabeth personally, nor is this a paid endorsement, I just think her work is terrific.

So I think Zachary liked his laptop sleeve, but I'll bet Elisabeth stole it from him.

 I went on to make another sleeve sized for an ipad - the pattern is customized according to measurements.  
I have a couple of panels of this Italian alphabet fabric - wish I'd gotten more.



No comments:

Post a Comment