Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mom's quilt (top)

My mom's favorite colors are sunny, bright, and summery.  Lots of yellow, green, blue, red - all bright, no muddy colors.  She definitely shows her Scandinavian heritage through her color preferences.  So for this quilt, I used a lot of Heather Bailey fabrics, along with a smattering of Amy Butler and Paula Prass for Michael Miller.  I'm working on some pieced squares for the back.  I'm not sure the colors really show well in these pictures, so I may attempt another photo shoot.  The pattern is Turning Twenty, which uses 20 fat quarters.  I've read about people sewing this quilt pattern as a break from more complicated projects.  It's true that it's very easy, and it made me happy to use big pieces of these pretty fabrics.

1 comment:

  1. stop it! I am so in love with this quilt. these fabrics are so bright and cheery! thanks for visiting my blog, its so fun to meet new bloggers!

    ReplyDelete