Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Valentine's Day project

Once again, I shoved aside my current project list in favor of something new.  Now I need to make the cards to fill these fabric envelopes.  Here's the tutorial by Jennifer Casa on the Sew Mama Sew! blog.  Yep, I had fun, except for the bits of hand sewing I was forced into.  It was a great way to use up some linen-look fabric I had lying around for, oh, 15 years or so.  The envelope lining is from a new Moda line:  "Oz" by Sanae.  I pre-ordered this from Over the Rainbow a while ago.  The layer cake cut (10" x 10") is exactly the right size for this project.

1 comment:

  1. Holy Cow those are cute Valentine's!
    And thanks for the comments over at ruby star rising. I'm the friend, Allison, who drove Melody nuts, writes about Ruby, and owns the chandelier my HUSBAND and DAUGHTER made themselves! It is great, isn't it?!? Thank you for that complement, also. I'm passing it along to them. We love to get fun comments, thanks again.

    ReplyDelete